Rose Cottage sleeps 7 in three bedrooms plus 2 cots.
Our cots are full-size wooden cots with safety mattresses for babies or toddlers under 30 months old.
Rose Cottage was originally a small dwelling built of stone in the early eighteenth century, but has been extended twice (once in the late eighteenth century and then again in the mid twentieth century) to achieve a sizeable detached three bed roomed property. Despite these changes the cottage still boasts some unique original features including exposed beams and a complete bread oven!
The well-fenced garden extends to approximately a quarter of an acre, which is laid down primarily to lawn allowing the more active plenty of room for football, cricket and even badminton!
And then there is the BBQ cabin, ideal for all year round BBQs with cushioned seating for up to 15 people. Situated in the garden it is just for Rose Cottage guests to enjoy at any time – so perfect whatever the weather!
For those who prefer a quiet read in the sun the patio area is ideal for you, comfortable garden furniture is provided and if you have forgotten to pack a book just choose one from the bookshelf.
Rose Cottage has:
- An entrance hall with a payphone (please note mobile phone reception is poor in the locality). An ideal room for all the accumulated boots and coats. Garden chairs, sunshade, toy boxes for the under 5’s and a collection of outside toys/games are stored here. A portable BBQ is available from the farmhouse if you do not want to use the BBQ cabin.
- A downstairs cloakroom.
- A utility room with an automatic front-loading washing machine, tumble dryer and chest freezer.
- The large character farmhouse kitchen doubles as a dining room. The kitchen is well equipped with a ceramic hob electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave and fridge together with kettle & toaster. The Welsh dresser is home to the plentiful china, glassware and a blue tooth speaker.
- The lounge is comfortably furnished. Leather sofas and two high-seated upholstered wing chairs provide seating for seven. It has a wood burning stove, flat screen smart TV with SKY Freesat and DVD player.
- The spacious master bedroom has a double bedstead with king-size duvet and an ensuite bathroom with a shower over the easy access bath, a heated towel rail and a shaver point. This bedroom has space for a cot.
- The second bedroom is a large room with exposed beams (those over 6’ beware) and three full-size single pine bedsteads. Again there is space for a cot.
- The family bathroom has a shower over the easy access bath, a heated towel rail and shaver point.
- The third bedroom has full size twin beds.
- All the bedrooms have bedside cabinets or tables, bedside lamps, dressing tables with mirrors, wardrobes, a bedroom chair, alarm clocks with induction phone chargers and a hairdryer too!
- For guests safety all the bedrooms are fitted with smoke alarms, there is an emergency lighting torch on the landing, a stair gate is provided at the head of the stairs and a door at the foot of the stair. The upstairs windows have safety locks.
- For your peace of mind carbon monoxide alarms are fitted by the boiler and woodburning stove.
- High chairs, cots, and other baby/toddler paraphernalia are available on request. Ask before you pack!
- Guests should note that their water would be from a treated private supply which is locally authority tested annually.
- A varied selection of toys & board games for all ages are in the hallway sideboard.
- Also in the hallway there are various garden toys including a cricket set, football and fishing nets!!
- BBQ cabin, Portable BBQ and garden furniture are provided.
- There is a tarmaced parking area within the cottage grounds for five cars.
- This property has WiFi internet access.
- The cottage has been tastefully decorated to a high standard, it has fully-fitted carpets and oil-fired central heating throughout.
- Annually inspected by Visit England we have been awarded the Four Star rating.
- Advance ordering of groceries and other provisions by prior arrangement.
- Well behaved pets are welcome in this property.
- All amenities in Presteigne, four miles away.
- The nearest British Rail Station is Knighton, six miles away.
- Bus services are available in both Presteigne and Knighton.
- Ordnance Survey map reference: SO 337 697 (Sheet Number: 148 Landranger Series).
The Holiday Cottages
Family & pet friendly holiday cottages with disabled facilities. Swimming pool, games room, walks, animals & BBQ cabins all on the farm. Perfect for group bookings.
Check out Orchard House
Click here to see more about Orchard House